Here’s some chill news for those heading into a long weekend – Uber is delivering free bags of Ice to your place on Australia day.
With festivities set to kick off tomorrow, few things are more predictable than backyard cricket barnies, hottest 100 blaring from the stereo and… the inevitable 2pm lukewarm drinks as the sun heats up. But as the ice starts to form a manky stew, Uber are running a promo to revive your dirty esky.
Using their UberEATS app between 11am to 3pm (or until sold out) you can order bags of ice cubes and have them delivered directly to your door. The best part? If you’re new to UberEATS, it’s free!
Bags of ice cubes will be available through the UberEATS app in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide.
From the horses mouth, here’s how it works:
- Download or open the UberEATS app – you can sign in using your Uber account or sign up and create a new one.
- Find your nearest ICE store – on January 26th between 11 am and 3pm open the UberEATS app and simply type ‘BACKYARD HERO’ into the search bar to locate stores available in your area.
- New to UberEATS? The esky refill is on us – enter the promo code ‘BACKYARDHERO’ and it’s on us! For existing users, delivery (including 1 x bag of ice) is $10
- Tell us where to deliver – add your home, work, or any other address you’d like.
- Check out with a tap – and track your order as it gets picked up and delivered to you.
- Give your esky a pat on the back – because let’s be honest, they’re the true unsung heroes
There is some small print, which reads like so:
- Demand will be high in each city and availability is limited. Ice cubes will be available between 11am and 3pm, or until sold out.
- UberEATS is available in specific coverage zones within each city.
- To see ifUberEATS is available in your area, check out the FAQ page here.