Kill ya hungry thirsty dead – UberEATS are delivering grog to your doorstep, just in time for the footy season. Yes, this is real life.
The wonderful invention that is UberEATS couldn’t get much better, right? Instant delicious food at your fingertips – win. It’s no wonder the service has been a massive success in both Melbourne and Sydney.
Now Uber is going an extra step and has announced today that Melbournians will be able to order a bottle of wine or a six pack of beer with their meal. The update comes just in time for round one of the AFL footy season, so fans can indulge in a burger and a six pack, without moving from the couch and missing a second of the game. Indulge in the laziness.
To kick things off, Uber have partnered with Carlton Draught on some limited edition beers. Coming in a four-pack, the cans will be some of the freshest beers in Australia, brewed the day before.
There are limited stocks, so you’ll have to order them quickly tomorrow after 5pm and will need to be in one of the following suburbs: Melbourne CBD, South Melbourne, South Yarra, Windsor, Prahran, St Kilda, Balaclava, North Melbourne, Kensington Collingwood, Richmond, Carlton, Fitzroy, East Brunswisk, Thornbury, Kew, Balwyn, Hawthorn, Hawthorn East, Malvern, Glen Iris, Caulfield, Elwood, Port Melbourne.
Unfortunately, the service is only available to Melbournians (for now), but there’s a good chance we’ll see it roll into Sydney soon if it’s a big success.
Jodie Auster, General Manager, UberEATS Melbourne said,
“Many of us enjoy a glass of wine or beer when dining out, and now we’re pleased to bring the same restaurant experience to homes across Melbourne.Whether that’s a glass of Merlot with a steak or a beer with your burger, Melburnians can now effortlessly pair their most-loved UberEATS meals, with their favourite drinks.”
Whether that’s a glass of Merlot with a steak or a beer with your burger, Melburnians can now effortlessly pair their most-loved UberEATS meals, with their favourite drinks.”
Yes, of course, there’s some fine print to this.
- All UberEATS users must be 18 or over as per our Terms and Conditions.
- Any UberEATS user requesting alcohol delivery must be over 18, show a valid ID (Passport or Victorian Drivers Licence) upon delivery and not show signs of intoxication.
- Anyone who can’t provide a valid ID or who is showing signs of intoxication will be refused delivery of alcohol.
- We expect demand to be high and availability is limited, please be patient if your order isn’t successful the first time.
- All meal deals are supplied by restaurant-partners on UberEATS who hold the necessary Renewable Limited License.