Don’t let your memes be dreams!
TheVine is growing and we’re looking for a talented video editor/producer to join our team. This year we’re planning more TV recaps, original memes, pop-culture mix-ups and a whole heap of new ideas to entertain our growing audience. Do you know someone that has what it takes?
The Job Description:
TheVine is searching for a ‘Multimedia Producer / Video Editor’ who loves memes, entertainment, internet culture and is still mourning Harambe (RIP).
The Multimedia Producer understands how to best formulate a video to be distributed through social media, with the intention of catching eyeballs in the newsfeed and being watched on mobile. They think creatively and can execute ideas autonomously.
The person in this role is capable of illustrating graphics, making memes, producing parodies, MLG videos and animated gifs. They have an eye for design and are capable of developing reactive content in a fast paced environment using the Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator).
The most important quality for this role is a good sense of humour and the ability to translate this into authentic and sharable content that connects with young Australians. The ‘Multimedia Producer/Video Editor’ has knowledge and interest in mainstream entertainment including music, TV, movies and viral internet culture. They can think on their feet to reference nostalgic pop-culture moments and remix content into something that’s hilarious.
Experience using live video on YouTube and Facebook is a plus, but not a requirement.
This position if full time based either our Surry Hills, Sydney office or St Kilda, Melbourne office.
- Pitch, collaborate and brainstorm the creation of multimedia and editorial content in a team.
- Record/film, produce and edit sharable content, including: video, memes, illustrations and gifs
- Understand the evolving best practices and specs for distributing multimedia content across various digital platforms, including: our website, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and Tumblr.
- Remain up to date with trending internet topics, memes and jokes across Reddit, 4Chan, Tumblr, Instagram and other social platforms
- Produce video templates and educate other team members to use these
- Work with the Managing Editor to make sure that all content is on brand and executed to the highest standards.
- Have a great sense of humour (weird and sarcastic is a plus)
- Be a creative thinker who is happy to collaborate and throw ideas out into the open
- Have strong video editing and graphic design skills with proficiency across the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Have a passion for TV and deep knowledge of pop culture
- 1-2 years previous digital/social media experience through previous employment and/or education in marketing, social media, digital design or other related field
- Willingness to present video content in-front of camera is an additional bonus
Edit this ‘Married at First Sight’ YouTube clip into a short (10-40s) video that makes us laugh and demonstrates your creativity. There are no limits. Meme it, MLG it, remix it – we really don’t care, just show us your creative mind.